The following are a few of the highlights. Did we miss something? Was there a special moment you would like to share? Please let us know in the comments below!
|Printing Bibles at Japan Bethel|
March 13th - Release of the New World Translation in a Large-Size EditionIn order to make the Bible accessible to as many people as possible, the branch released a large-size edition of the revised New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures. This edition is printed in the United States and Japan. The combined initial printing was about 424,000 copies.
Did you know that you can order special protective covers for it? Just visit: Ministry Ideaz.
|He received his reward March 18th|
March 18th - Guy H. Pierce, Member of the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses
Governing Body member Guy H. Pierce finished his earthly course on Tuesday, March 18. He was 79 years of age.
Many of us remember fondly how he told us to give our new Bibles a ‘twist.’ In addition to his wife, Penny, Br. Pierce is survived by his six children, several grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.
Click here to re-read the news release on jw.org. Brother Pierce’s life summary was published in the September Watchtower.
|Memorial Invitation Campaign in Brazil|
March 22nd - Global Invitation Campaign for the Memorial of Christ’s Death StartsOn Saturday, March 22, 2014, we launched a global campaign to invite the public to the most important event of the year: the Memorial of Christ’s death. The special campaign continued from March 22nd to April 14th.
Millions of publishers had a full share, and hundreds of thousands used the opportunity to auxiliar pioneer, many taking advantage of the arrangement to auxiliary pioneer with the 30-hour requirement.
Weren’t we delighted to see so many interested ones respond to the invitation campaign?
Click here to see the official news release.
|Memorial of Christ’s Death|
April 14th - The Memorial of Christ’s Death
The evening of Monday, April 14, 2014 was a special one for us.
Jesus instituted this observance, also called the Lord’s Evening Meal, after he and his apostles celebrated the Passover on Nisan 14, 33 C.E. The Memorial emblems of unleavened bread and red wine symbolize Christ’s sinless body and his shed blood—the only sacrifice that can redeem mankind from inherited sin and death.
April 27th - Special Talk for the 2014 Memorial SeasonThe special public talk for the 2014 Memorial season was during the week of April 21, entitled “Why Would a Loving God Permit Wickedness?” Millions of people, men, women, and children attended in over 100,000 congregations around the world.
June 6th - Regional and International conventions start all over the world
|The first international convention in New Jersey, USA|
International conventions were held in the following venues:
- June: New Jersey, USA (Click here for the official news report)
- June: Athens, Greece (Click here for the official news report)
- July: Frankfurt, Germany
- August: London, England
- August: Harare, Zimbabwe
- September: Seoul, Korea
- October: Melbourne, Australia
- November: Mexico City, Mexico
- January 2015: A final International Convention is scheduled at the end of this month in Quito, Ecuador
Some highlights of the convention were:
- New DVD: “These Words . . . Must Be on Your Heart” (available online here)
- New tract: What Is the Kingdom of God? (available online here)
- New brochure: Teach Your Children (available online here)
- New brochure: Your Family Can Be Happy (available online here)
|Every corner of the planet was reached!|
August 1st - Campaign to Advertise World’s Most Translated Website beginsOn this date, we began a historic month-long global distribution of the tract Where Can We Find Answers to Life’s Big Questions? to raise awareness of the official website. Since its launch two years ago, people all over the world have found jw.org to be an invaluable resource. Isn't it amazing that in the past two years, over 100,000 people have requested a Bible study via the jw.org website?!
In the month of August, there was a 900% increase in auxiliary pioneers! And weren't we delighted to see a grand new peak of 8,201,545 Kingdom publishers?
Before August, monthly requests for Bible studies via JW.org averaged about 3000. However, in just the first 2 weeks of the campaign there were 3,603 requests for a Bible study!
JW.ORG Facts and Figures
- 100,000+: Online Bible study requests received from over 230 countries
- 540+: Languages in which the Web site is available
- 220,000+: Number of Web pages on the site
- 700+: Languages in which downloadable publications are available
- 159 million+: Videos viewed or downloaded
- 1 billion+: Publication files downloaded
- 4 billion+: Web pages viewed from over 230 countries
With this new ruling, the Supreme Court has firmly supported human rights and fundamental freedoms. Our brothers in Kyrgyzstan and around the world cherish the religious freedoms accorded to them and greatly appreciate the State-appointed institutions that defend and uphold fundamental freedoms for the enjoyment of all.
October 1st - 100 Years of Kingdom Rule!
|100 Years of Kingdom Rule!|
Think of how much the Kingdom has accomplished during these last 100 years:
- A global preaching work. Our ranks have swelled from just a few thousand publishers in 1914 to a new peak of 8,201,545 in 239 lands in 2014.
- Protection for the Kingdom’s subjects. In spite of bitter opposition, Jehovah has protected us as a group, as shown by many legal victories all over the world.
- The uniting of people from all walks of life. God’s Kingdom has united people from various backgrounds, nationalities, and languages, helping them to overcome a wide array of challenges and forming them into a united group of over 8.2 million worshippers.
For now have come to pass
Salvation and kingdom and might.
The Kingdom is in place.
We pray: “Let it come, Let it come!”
October 4th - 2014 Annual General Meeting
Among the program highlights were:
- The new JW Language App
- The new Internet TV station
- The Kingdom—100 Years and Counting - a review of how God’s Kingdom has progressively helped us to grow and improve
- The release of 3 new kingdom songs: “The Kingdom Is in Place—Let It Come!,” “Grant Us Boldness,” and “Jehovah Is Your Name”
- Announcement that there will be a revised Song book
- Announcement that starting January 2015 a new part on the service meeting entitled “How Did You Learn The Truth” will replace local needs
- Interviews with long-time servants
- Refinement of our understanding of the 10 virgins, the talents, antitypes and Gog of Magog
- New 12-minute Video: “Jehovah Will Help You Be Bold”
- Release of the pocket edition of the New World Translation
- Announcement of preparations for a new audio Bible (click here to listen to Matthew)
- Announcement of the yeartext for 2015, namely, Psalm 106:1: “Give thanks to Jehovah, for he is good.”
October 6th - JW Broadcasting goes online
|The very first broadcast aired October 6th, 2014|
There are 12 different feeds:
- Monthly Programming
- Programs and Events
- Our Activities
- Our Ministry
- Our Organization
- Our History
- The Bible
- Interviews and Experiences
Other highlights this day:The JW Language App was released online for Android and Apple devices
October 7th - European Court of Human Rights Upholds Rule of Law in Georgia
|European Court of Human Rights|
On October 7th, the ECHR condemned the failure of authorities to respond adequately, declaring: “The Georgian authorities created a climate of impunity, which ultimately encouraged other attacks against Jehovah’s Witnesses throughout the country.”
November 13th - Turkmenistan Releases Jehovah’s Witnesses Imprisoned for Their Faith
President Berdimuhamedov took commendable and decisive action when he amnestied eight of our brothers who were imprisoned for their faith.
We all hope and pray that this is a harbinger of change in Turkmenistan, that will allow our brothers there to live in harmony with their conscience without fear of persecution or imprisonment.
|The new Bible Teach book|