Whether you’re traveling 300 miles or 30 miles, it’s important to know what to bring. We’ve put together a list of must-have items to take to the convention:
1. SunscreenWill your convention be held outside at a football stadium or coliseum? Then it’s important to keep you and your family’s skin safe from potential sunburns. Get a high SPF sunscreen and apply frequently to avoid painful sunburns that you will have to treat for days after the three-day convention.
2. Comfortable ShoesYou might regret wearing high heels to a football stadium. It might be more practical to wear shoes that you can easily climb stairs and bleachers in. Make sure that you wear your most comfortable flats or at least have shoe inserts or insoles for the whole family.
3. Food and DrinksTo prevent dehydration and hunger, make sure to pack a lunch and several bottles of water for the entire family. Make sure the lunch is simple. It is important that your lunch requires no preparation and can be carried for long periods of time (think sandwiches, carrots, protein bars).
4. A Large BagYou need a bag to carry your food and water. And don’t forget about the new "spiritual gems" you’ll be carrying home. You will also need to hold your Bible, songbook, pens, pencils, convention notebooks and journals, and any other miscellaneous items you might need. Make sure to bring a strong bag that will hold everything that you and your family might need over the three-day period.
5. A Note Taker or JournalA high quality notebook is especially important for the convention. Each family member needs a convention notebook to help them pay attention and follow along. Not only does a notebook help you stay focused on the program with your notes; it also allows for you to recall the convention in your own words later on. At Ministry Ideaz, we stock great convention notebooks for the Regional Conventions of Jehovah’s Witnesses.
6. Lots of tissue!Nuf' said.
These are our six must-have items for our annual Regional Conventions of Jehovah's Witnesses. As always, the annual convention is completely free. There is no admission fee and a collection plate is never passed around. If you happen to be travelling, you can easily find a convention of Jehovah's Witnesses near you, using the location finder provided by JW.org. If you’re looking for organizational materials or other ministry supplies, check out Ministry Ideaz!
Have we missed something? Please let us know in the comments below! Have you already attended? How was your convention and where did you go? Please let us know, but NO SPOILERS PLEASE!