Hopefully, this post will help answer the above questions and provide you with some great reasons to start playing. Here are my top 5 reasons for using board games to start the Table Age Revolution:
1) Board Games Create Space to Reclaim RelationshipsBoard games create a space to connect with family and friends around the table instead of in front of a screen. It’s an activity where you get to laugh, play, talk and be face-to-face with each other. We spend enough time facing a screen. Board games provide a positive outlet and fun alternative to the TV, tablet, and phone. Games are also excellent for parties or just about any gathering. Start
2) Board Games Promote Teamwork and SportsmanshipThere are many different types of board games, and one of my favorite types is cooperative games. Co-op games encourage you and your group to play together to win.
3) Board Games are EducationalYou can learn a lot from board games. The Ministry Ideaz House2House game helps you learn how to answer potential conversation stoppers, and memorize key scriptures we use in the ministry. TagOn Bible Words helps you learn biblical events, Bible characters, and biblical places. Board games also teach critical thinking, planning ahead and strategy.
4) Board Games are EconomicalThink about it. How much do you spend to go to the movies with your family and friends? If you have a family of 4 and the tickets cost $9 per person and you buy popcorn and a drink to share for $9, that’s $45 for 1½ to 2 hours with your family looking at a screen. Many board games are around that price and take an hour or so to play. And you can play as many times as you want while connecting with each other.
5) Board Games are Super Fun‘Nuff said! But, I’ll say more. There is a game or games out there for everyone. If you haven’t found one you like, keep looking. Let us know in the comments what you’re favorite board game is.
Ok, enough reading your screen. Go grab a game, gather your friends and get the Table Age revolution going.
The House2House Board GameFrom its headquarters in Ecuador, Ministry Ideaz offers a range of software, stationery, and House2House board game.
Updated with scriptures from the New World Translation revision released in 2013, House2House offers players the opportunity to learn while having fun. When playing, families achieve a greater understanding of God’s Word while bonding.
The game features three card sets, which includes 13 conversation stoppers, 160 scriptural question cards, and 70 "How would you respond?" cards. The scripture question cards are based on the Bible Topics for Discussion section of the 1984 New World Translation, while the others relate to Reasoning from the Scriptures.
Available for people of all ages and requiring at least two players, the average game lasts between 30 and 60 minutes. During that time, players gain increased familiarity with the scriptures while scoring in the five key categories, which are Bible studies, magazines, brochures, hours, and return visits.